A leather jacket is a must for every man’s wardrobe and is also a great way to express his personal style. Leather jackets never go out of fashion and are warm, durable, timeless and always looks classic. Investment in leather jackets is one time and can be used over the years without getting spoilt. Always purchase a leather jacket that is of the right fit and quality as it is a one-time investment.
Here are the few basic things you should consider while purchasing a leather jacket.
- Be prepared to spend at least $250.A good leather jacket costs around $500 or more. If you purchase it on sale it might cost you less. The price is not unreasonable considering the fact that how often you’ll wear it and for how long the jacket will last.
- Buy one of the classic styles, which includes bomber, blazer and is also a zip-up jacket. A medium length jacket, which is above your thigh. Waist or hip-length jackets are versatile. A trench coat can be sleek and slimming on the right figure.
- There is a wide range of colors to choose from but black is the most popular one, also you could consider shades of brown. The textures vary from buttery soft, thin leather to thicker, more durable jackets. Suede, which requires more care, is another option to choose from.
- While purchasing the leather jacket make sure the jacket’s construction is right. Seams should be strong and perfect and the bottom hem should be straight. The collar and pockets should lie flat. Check the lining for strong seams, especially in the pockets where you can get a lot of wear and tear. Motorcycle jackets should have vents, a padded kidney panel, and tough leather. All crucial for safe and comfortable riding.
Tips on how to keep the leather jacket
- Store your leather jacket either flat or on a wide, sturdy, padded hanger to prevent stretch marks. Make sure to never use a plastic cover.
- Take care of the stains pronto. When in doubt take the jacket to the dry cleaner.
Leather is not meant to get wet, as that tends to deplete the natural oils, and it is advisable to wear a rain suit over your leathers in inclement weather. However if they do get wet, allow them to dry naturally away from extreme heat. If the leather seems to be losing its luster, it can be oiled to improve its appearance. This supplements the natural oils in the leather itself, which can be washed out through repeated exposure to water. Frequent oiling of leather with mink oil or other commercially available products will keep your leathers supple and improve their lifespan dramatically.
Shop online at best prices in Tomtop.com
Tomtop is a reliable wholesale and retail online shop with Diverse & High Quality Products where you can buy Products at Best Price and Free Coupons! Visit Tomtop.com for video games, computer accessories, mobile phone accessories, clothing, home and garden items, jewelry, media player, car accessories, RC models & accessories and so on.